FALL & WINTER
Fall has arrived with Winter not far behind! Good maintenance practices as outlined below and in your tenant handbook will not only benefit you with reduced utility costs, but help you to avoid costly issues that you could potentially incur.
- Service heating unit as recommended by the manufacturer – schedule your HVAC inspection today!
- Clean or replace unit’s air filters every month.
- Turning your thermostat no lower that 60 degrees during extended periods of absence from the home.
- Have oil and propane tanks filled to avoid any interruption in heat.
- Shut off all outside water sources using the shutoff valves inside the home (remove all hoses and drain).
- Do not overload circuits by plugging too many appliances into one outlet.
- Check water heater for leaks and corrosion and report any thing that may look unusual.
- Inspect roof (from the ground)for damage, such as cracking, leaking or pooling.
- Clean gutters and downspouts to clear any obstructions, and reconnect downspouts. Vendors available upon request.
- Fall electrical storms can lead to electrical power surges. Ensure electronic appliances are plugged into surge protector strips.
- Check siding that may have came loose or detached.
- Clean the refrigerator’s fan and coil of dust and grease using a mild detergent to help your refrigerator operate more efficiently and prolongs its life expectancy.
- Check basement pipes for condensation or dripping and take contact us should corrective action be necessary.
- Replace humidifier filters as needed!
- Disconnect the duct connected to the clothes dryer vent and remove lint from buildup.
- Remove any branches and limbs from the yard and report any dangerous limb or branches that may be in the trees.
- Ensure all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly.
- Inspect and ensure flue is open before using fireplaces if permitted in your lease.
- As a reminder! It is important to inspect and insure that all gutters, downspouts , and drains are free and clear of debris. They should drain freely. to avoid any damage during these rainy months.
BURKEPM requires all routine maintenance requests to be in writing. Please select the “Maintenance Request” button on the “Contact” page to submit all maintenance requests.
We appreciate you caring for your home!
Burke Property Management Inc.