SPRING & SUMMER
Good maintenance practices help protect the value of your home. Spring and summer are an ideal time to assess damage from the winter and make necessary repairs to prepare for the months ahead. The following is a checklist of maintenance activities to remember:
- Service air conditioning unit as recommended by the manufacturer – best performed by a professionally licensed HVAC Contractor.
- Keep cooling unit clear of obstructions and debris.
- Clean or replace unit’s air filters every month.
- Turning your air conditioning off and on, or having a wide range of settings causes the system to expend extra energy.
- Do not overload circuits by plugging too many appliances into one outlet.
- Check water heater for leaks and corrosion.
- Inspect roof for damage, such as cracking, leaking or pooling.
- Clean gutters and downspouts to clear any obstructions, and reconnect downspouts.
- Lightning peaks during the summer months, which could lead to electrical power surges. Ensure electronic appliances are plugged into surge protector strips.
- Check siding that may have came loose or detached.
- Clean the refrigerator’s fan and coil of dust and grease using a mild detergent to help your refrigerator operate more efficiently and increase its life expectancy.
- Change oil according to manufacturer’s recommendation on a lawn mower to ensure the reliability of the mower.
- Purchase multi-purpose fire extinguishers for each level of the home. Test extinguishers per manufacturer’s instructions or replace annually.
- Check basement pipes for condensation or dripping and take corrective action.
- Monitor basement humidity and if necessary use a dehumidifier to maintain a safe, relative humidity.
- Disconnect the duct connected to the clothes dryer vent and remove lint from buildup.
- As a reminder! It is important to inspect and insure that all gutters, downspouts , and drains are free and clear of debris. They should drain freely. to avoid any damage during these rainy months.
BURKEPM requires all routine maintenance requests to be in writing. Please select the “Maintenance Request” button on the “Contact” page to submit all maintenance request.
We appreciate you caring for your home!
Burke Property Management.